Navigating an Inflationary Environment: Expert Perspective & Advice for Business
The New Zealand Chamber (Singapore) held a fascinating event on the causes, risks and opportunities from the current inflationary cycle at the Fairmont Singapore & Swissôtel The Stamford yesterday evening.
Some of the learnings:
1. Inflation is here to stay. The “trifecta” of the Russian-Ukraine conflict; China’s zero-Covid lockdown policy; and the impact of the Federal Reserve interest rates increase on global markets are critical factors.
2. Strong branding and innovation create opportunities for profitable growth.
3. Supply chain efficiency and employee productivity, delivered through upskilling and training, are critical.
4. Singapore has a powerful approach to managing such economic disruptions through its unique Tripartite forum (government + employers + ntuc)
5. Investments in technology and infrastructure are must-do priorities.
6. Companies need to review their Rewards Policies. Yet ultimately, an organization’s stickiness for employees depends on leadership engagement and empathy, and empowerment to employees at all levels.
Thanks to our expert panellists:
- Jiak See Ng (MODERATOR), Lead, Asia Pacific Financial Advisory at Deloitte
- Khoon Goh, Head of Asia Research at ANZ
- Johannes Mueller-Leindecker, General Manager at NZMP, South & East Asia at Fonterra.
- Dr Robert Yap, President, Singapore National Employer Federation ASEAN Business Advisory Council, Singapore Chair, Executive Chairman at YCH Group.
- Chloe Zhou, Head of Talent Acquisition APAC, CEER & META at Philips
This would not have been possible without event sponsorship from AAM Advisory.
Thanks to everyone who attended! Stay tuned for more robust, informative sessions.