Hours: 30 hours per week, incl after hours
The New Zealand Chamber of Commerce (Singapore) is a membership-based registered society serving the New Zealand community in Singapore. The Chamber is overseen by an annually elected Board, who volunteer their time.
The Executive Director of the NZ Chamber is a part-time role with responsibility for the overall operations of the Chamber, working with the Board, and leading the Chamber’s activities on a day-to-day basis. Specific responsibilities include:
- Stakeholder relationship management (Sponsors, Board, Chamber members, the New Zealand community in Singapore, and NZ Inc);
- Sourcing and signing up new sponsors;
- Raising the profile of the Chamber and increasing its effectiveness for the membership;
- Ensuring value to sponsors and members;
- Driving membership growth;
- Marketing and communications, including traditional and social media;
- working with the Board;
- Staff and volunteer management, including oversight of staff responsibilities; and
- Timely management and reporting of the Chamber’s monthly and annual accounts, and oversight of the statutory Annual Audit.
This is a broad-based leadership role requiring flexibility and a varied skill set.
MAIN DUTIES of the role include (but are not limited to) -
- Membership: Developing and executing strategies for the growth of Chamber membership; Assisting members to sign up and renew their membership; Liaison with members with the aim of ensuring members receive value from their membership.
- Community: Maintaining and developing relationships with NZ Inc; other New Zealand Chambers in the region as part of the NZ ASEAN Business Alliance; other business Chambers, Trade Associations and similar organisations in Singapore as part of the SBF TAC’s Alliance; representing the NZ Chamber and business community where necessary by attending external events.
- Compliance and Statutory: Ensuring the activities of the Chamber are consistent with the Constitution and Statutory obligations; maintaining financial compliance in conjunction with the Chamber’s Honorary Treasurer and Auditors (ie; financial record keeping and finance management); Development and promulgation of policies and procedures as required.
- Sponsors: Managing sponsor relations on behalf of the Chamber, seeking opportunities for new Chamber sponsors, and ensuring sponsor's interests at events.
- Governance: Working with the Executive Committee and subcommittees; Managing the Agenda and recording/filing of Minutes at Executive Committee meetings; Liaison with the President and Chamber officers on a regular basis.
- Financial (in conjunction with the Chamber’s Honorary Treasurer): Managing monthly financial reporting; Timely payment of staff and suppliers; Cashflow management and reporting.
- Staff Management: Line manager for all employees of the Chamber; Staff Health and Safety; Recruitment of new staff (as required) and volunteers.
- Events Management: Work with the Events Manager to ensure quality events for members; attending Chamber events, hosting as needed.
- Marketing and Communications: Management of the Chamber website and social media presence (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram); Media liaison; Marketing material management; Review and sign off of all external communications;
- Administrative: Maintaining and improving effective office systems; Records management; Oversight of effective supplier relationships.
Key personal skills and attributes we believe are required for success in this role include:
- An affinity for all things New Zealand, and strong ties to New Zealand;
- Established business network with NZ companies both in NZ and Singapore
- Good familiarity with Singapore;
- Self-starter, able to work independently;
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture;
- Commercial nous;
- Excellent communication skills, strong written and spoken English;
- Established relationships with NZ media outlets
- Social, enjoying public interaction;
- Staff supervision experience; and
- Tolerance for ambiguity characteristic of a membership-based organisation.
- Understanding and appreciation of NZ culture and ability to share that with others
Many duties take place outside of normal business hours. The Executive Director needs to be available on a flexible-time basis.
You can submit your CV and short cover letter to email@example.com by 17 June 2022.